Meanwhile quietly in the background today…..we can’t let resistor fatigue set in and fall for the dodge and distract while they slip thru things that threaten our freedoms and our planet.
1. House Republicans have voted 235-180 to overturn an Obama administration that blocked Social Security disability recipients with mental disorders from buying guns.
2. The House also voted Thursday to strike down the Labor Department’s blacklisting rule, which requires federal contractors to report labor violations.
3. On Wednesday, the House voted to strike down the Interior Department’s stream protection rule and the Securities and Exchange Commission’s disclosure requirements for oil and gas companies through the Congressional Review Act.
4. The House is also expected Friday to strike down the Interior Department’s methane emissions standards.
5. Today at Prayer Breakfast trump said he would destroy the Johnson Amendment. In place since 1954 ” it’s purpose is to stop churches from using the pulpit to campaign for certain politicians. “Violation could cost them loss of tax exempt status
6. One day after Tillerson approval House is gutting an anti-corruption rule requiring oil companies to disclose payments to foreign governments.
7. In today’s Press Briefing Spicer said ” I think there’s several businesses and several institutions — Catholic institutions and others — that have been mandated or attempted to mandate certain things that they may or may not do or how they have to treat their employees…. There are instances where clearly the pendulum is swinging a different way, where you are not carving out institutions or the ability for privately held businesses to conduct themselves to live according to their faith or their moral compass”. (here is where they sneak in LGBT discrimination and dictate womens issues)
8. This week Gina Haspel was selected by Trump to be Deputy Director of the CIA. now slated to become the second-most powerful official at CIA she was Fired in 2013 because she was “directly involved in its controversial interrogation program and had an “extensive role” in torturing detainees. Even more troubling, she “had run a secret prison in Thailand”
9. “The department said today in a statement it would allow U.S. companies to make limited transactions with FSB that are needed to gain approval to import information technology products into Russia “(meanwhile New fighting between Ukraine and Russia flares up in eastern Ukraine)
10. But Trumps wants us to pray for Arnold Schwarzenegger ratings